Return or Oneway Shuttle Service to Sky Waka, Happy Valley and Whakapapa Ski Area
Departure times available from 800am through to 2pm (*see note) flexible times may change due to demand, weather and traffic conditions.
Return times throughout the day until 4pm unless with prior arrangement.
* All times maybe changed or cancelled subject to availability on the day.
*(Whakapapa Village we can only pick up those staying at accommodation in the village please call before booking)
Contact email@example.com for further details.
***Our Covid Safe Policy - Please do not travel if you are feeling unwell. Driver has the right to refuse anyone with cold like symptoms. Our health and that of other passengers has priority. We also encourage but dont enforce the wearing of facemasks unless directed to. ***
About our Service
We have been driving on the Ski Access Road of Whakapapa for nearly 20 years so you know you in safe hands. All our vehicles have seatbelts fitted.
*We are unable to carry infants under 3 or any child unable to be seated with provided seat restraint.
*A Minimum number of passengers maybe required to run the service please call in advance to check.(bookings are not confirmed until minimum viable number is reached). note:- Pending bookings are treated as confirmed and maybe subject to cancellation fees.
*Free transfer of booking to another day should the weather affect your reservation.
*Carrying of skis and snowboards is limited due to the Alpine Safety Code.
*Schedules maybe altered due to capacity and local traffic conditions.
How To Book
- Select number of passengers, location of pick up and destination, you will also be asked to indicate one way or return with us.
- Select the time of departure (departure times on service maybe delayed due to Alpine Road Conditions beyond our control).
- 2nd page Additional extras maybe indicated before the Return time to be selected.
- Return times - Please select a preferred return time priority will be given to those passengers booked at that time. Earlier or later return times subject to space availability. Please note return times must be for the same date.
- Note:- If a return time is unable to be booked that means the shuttle at that time is FULL. Please do not book a return time earlier than the departure time. We take no responsibility to provide a seat in that situation due to user error.
- In the event of you missing a departure time we reserve the right to transfer you to a later shuttle with availability or another operator at additional cost. No refunds for missed shuttles.
- Please note on busy days space is limited we appreciate you being ready 10 minutes prior to the scheduled times. Running late from first run disrupts everyone's day and we reserve the right to place you on a later shuttle should you not be ready at the allotted time. Pick ups from accommodation maybe earlier or few minutes later than booked times. Please speak to the driver on the day for clarification and any changes permitted.
- NOTE:- Payment may not show up on booking straight away until booking is confirmed.
- Payment accepted via Bank Deposit if you call us direct on 02041114648
- Due to compliance with the Alpine Code we do not have provisions for child seats for infants and space is also limited to the number of skis and snowboards we can carry. Please call in advance if you have questions in regards this.
Our one way service is for those seeking other arrangements for the return journey or flexibility for separate booking schedule.
Park N Ride, National Park Village RuapehuGet Directions
Terms and Conditions
Please check https://www.mtruapehu.com/whakapapa/report for on the day conditions. We are not responsible for any losses as a result of not checking the website on the date of booking. Passengers may be requested to wear a face covering to protect our drivers and other passengers. We are unable to carry infants or any child that is unable to be seated with a seat restraint. Notice must be given of any ski equipment to be carried. Failure to do so may cancel the booking or be rescheduled. Ruapehu Scenic Shuttles reserves the right to alter or cancel pick up or return times from those requested on booking subject to availability of vehicles and drivers. We are not responsible for any cost you incur via errors made in booking, not following booking instructions or for booking and merchant fees from 3rd parties in the event of cancellation by either party. We reserve the right to cancel a booking. Passengers who miss the pre arranged time will be liable for any costs incurred by the operator which include no refund or transfer. Please note to be ready 10 minutes before allotted time, departure times are strict to not impact later services. No shows no refunds. If there are no seats available on a later shuttle an additional fee may be charged to provide another vehicle or late service. Passengers may join an earlier shuttle only if seating is available. Schedules are subject to weather, Road Conditions for safety or other circumstances beyond our control. Return times are preferred times when booked on the return service and may be changed by the driver/operator or if contact is made with the driver by the passenger within a reasonable time. Sticking to your return time means less stress for you and a seat on the bus. One way shuttles have no return seat guarantee unless booked. In the event of full Ski Area closure due to weather or road closure - Requests for refund or transfer must be made via email within 3 days of operator cancellation. Operator will cancel if we are unable to get to destination a refund request must be made within 3 days then becomes non refundable Late bookings made less than 24 hours prior or on the day of travel are non refundable but maybe transferred at operators discretion. If the Ski area closes after the transport has occurred there is no refund. Any refund will be at the discretion of the operator where an admin fee may be applied. Bookings that are transferred can be transferred/credited to another person or service within 6 months. We offer a transport service only and not responsible for any disruption caused by the operators of the ski area. (Disclaimer: in the event the ski area or skywaka is permanently closed an alternative may be offered or a refund minus admin fee. All refunds are at the discretion of the supplier of the purchase price less fees and not limited to our standard Terms and conditions. In the event the ski area does not open, volcanic eruption, Pandemic etc we reserve the right to declare force majeure. Carrying of infants will not be permitted where a seat is shared. We reserve the right to refuse carriage should we not be informed of an infant prior to booking and no appropriate restraint available. No refunds will be given to any person who fails to adhere to safety instructions. Clients who misinform over the age of a child to gain advantage of a lower fare price will be charged the balance or maybe refused transit. We operate to an Alpine Safety Code and compliance to NZTA rules and regulations. No person shall force the operator or driver to breach those safety rules.